SEO Changes in 2017
- Authorship and author rank are now a significant part of branding. Get out there!
- Blog/post regularly. If you cant manage, outsource it. Outsourcing still needs a lot of supervision. Be aware of language problems.
- Think of your website as a means to connect with an audience. Dont waste your time trying to sell directly off your website or FB – offer value and develop credibility and trust with your following. Selling comes later off a dedicated sales page.
- Dont go to Bali, buy goods and then expect to sell online. Do the opposite – set up a test site first to see if they are saleable. The almost-zero cost test case!
- SEO is not an antidote for unpopular products that won’t sell
- Responsive designs are a must – better still a simplified mobile website “m” prefix mobile site can be hosted at zero cost with your same hosting – with only the most basic contact info is best. Provide a link to the parent website for detailed info.
- Local presence is becoming very important – local searching for business needs is booming. Make sure you are listed with local directories
- Have a Social Media strategy at least on the majors – FB, Twitter, Linked In, Pinterest. Use keywords as topics.
- Convert your posts to videos and post to Youtube. There are literally hundreds of other video sites which can help you rank
- Use Tags and Categories on your WP posts, pages and Youtube uploads. WP has its own Google-friendly system of indexing.
What It Means To Be No.1 on Page 1 Of a Google Search
Check this out to revamp your website copy and make it SEO optimised